Focus: Performs repairs and maintenance on vehicles, trucks, trailers, and farm equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair hydraulic systems, brake systems, transmissions, electrical systems, and engines.
- Reads and interprets VIR's (vehicle inspection reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times)
- Fabrication and welding repairs
- Computer skills needed to input work orders and other required information to maintenance system.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, screwdriver and wrenches.
- Must be able to use machines including, but not limited to, drill press, floor jacks, grinders, and welders.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational school helpful.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in truck/trailer fleet maintenance and repair.