Focus: Performs repairs and maintenance primarily in Dykhuis Farms managed hog facilities to maximize safe and productive operations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responds to systems failures, including weekends and holidays.
- Diagnoses problems.
- Performs repairs and maintenance primarily in Dykhuis Farms managed hog facilities to maximize safe and productive operations. Systems include, but are not limited to: ventilation and controls, heaters, emergency backup systems, lighting, and automated animal feeding systems, water and whey systems, gates, doors, chutes, flooring, power washers, boar bots, etc.
- Joins in, as necessary, on major projects typically including: cement work, roof repairs, siding, drain fields, field tile installation, pipeline installation, seasonal crop and manure work, and full hog building remodeling.
- Reads and interprets work/repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or site managers for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with equipment users to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with installation or repair, documenting parts usage and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times)
- Computer skills needed to input work orders and other required information into maintenance system.
- Follows and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows and promotes all biosecurity policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- No education required. Vocational School or Certifications helpful.
- 3-5 years experience in facility maintenance
- Valid, insurable driver's license, including F-endorsement