Focus: Caring for our pigs and their daily needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Daily monitoring and evaluating sow health;
- Maintain records for each animal;
- Ensure proper feeding and watering;
- Monitor the barns environment and conditions for animal health;
- Perform routine maintenance and power washing as needed;
- Animal movement – sows and piglets
- Process liters daily (including but not limited to castration, tail clipping, and vaccinations)
- No education required.
- Previous animal experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must be willing to learn to understand animal behaviors.
- Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the following tasks: euthanasia, artificial insemination, vaccinations, piglet processing, ear tagging, tattooing, power washing, and other procedures normal to animal husbandry.
- Must be able to tolerate blood, animal dander, manure, dust, odors, and frequently noisy conditions.
- This position requires one who is multi-task oriented, hard-working, dependable, and a team player.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on concrete for long periods of time.
This is a first shift position that starts at 6am, Monday-Friday. Weekend rotation is mandatory.